Life is short, so why fill it up with dull moments waiting in traffic, standing in line, or sitting in a physician’s office? With the right apps, you can turn your Android into a mobile entertainment system.
Pocket Movie Theater
Relive epic battle scenes, help Sherlock solve his case, or fall in love with Drew Barrymore while waiting for the mechanic to finish working on your car. With movie apps, your Android becomes a mini movie theater - and it’s always playing a hit.
- Flixter makes it easy to see what’s coming to theaters and DVD. It provides local showtimes and review links so you can make an informed decision about new movies.
- Netflix puts streaming movies and TV shows right at your fingertips. The Netflix app connects you to your Netflix library so you can access your favorites when you’re on the go. An updated interface makes it easier than ever to scroll through movies and use touch-screen navigation to make your viewing choices.
Don’t miss the dramatic ending to your favorite reality show or the latest plot twist from your favorite drama. TV apps allow you to stay up-to-date on your current favorites, catch up on past TV seasons, and even watch the old classics you can’t find anywhere else.
- SPB TV has everything necessary to watch TV including picture-in-picture capability. The app connects you with television websites, keeping you plugged in to all the current shows, clips and behind-the-scenes extras.
- Crackle connects you to your favorite TV shows for free, but you can always upgrade to get even more shows, made-for-TV movies and full-length films.
A Little Play Every Day
Why not spend your downtime honing problem-solving skills, practicing new strategies, and battling laughing pigs? Android game apps keep your wits sharp and put fun right in the palm of your hand.
- Robo Defense (cited as one of the best arcade games) gives you a vast arsenal to defend the world against invaders. Not bad for a routine trip to the doctor’s office.
- Angry Birds is one of the most popular apps of all time for a good reason: It’s a lot of fun. Download Android’s Angry Birds apps regularly to get new levels, new challenges and new tests of your smashing skills.
Dance the Day Away
Music is one of the most universal forms of human expression, and there are plenty of ways to keep your ears happy with your Android.
- Cricket’s Muve Music plan gives you unlimited song downloads from all the popular artists as part of a monthly plan that includes talk and text. The flat monthly fee is included in your plan, so this is perfect for those who consume a lot of music. Muve Music includes the My DJ feature which helps you organize playlists and music by genre.
- TuneWiki is an easy-to-use music app that integrates your library, accesses Internet radio, and even finds online song lyrics. Want to show off your good taste? The app provides quick-click access to Blip, Facebook, and Twitter.
Other Types of Fun
There’s a wide world of entertainment out there beyond television and radio. Android has a huge variety of entertainment apps that give you access to all types of fun.
- Gmote transforms your Android into a remote control, giving you complete power over your computer’s media library. You’ll get easy access to your personal videos, pictures and music, because you need to have fun when you’re at home, too.
- Aldiko makes it easy for you to read books with customizable fonts, colors and margins. Don’t like the look of that latest novel? Just change it to your specifications and read it in your own way.
- Issuu Mobile gives you access to your favorite magazines, news feeds, and online articles with quick-click ease. This e-reader is designed for shorter pieces of content, keeping you up-to-date on all the news and the latest gossip no matter where you are.
With these apps and your Android phone, you’ll never have an excuse to be bored.