The Kyocera Kona is a simple, elegant flip phone that is finger-friendly and affordable. This stylish phone offers a spacious keypad with large separated keys and large font options for easy viewing. Enjoy capturing life’s candid moments in a snap with the Kona’s 2-megapixel camera with zoom. The Kyocera Kona also sports a 2.4-inch QVGA TFT LCD internal color display and a 1.44" TFT LCD color external display. Plus, calls can safely be taken over Bluetooth® (2.1 + EDR) wireless technology or via the 3.5mm headset jack. Weighing only 3.7 ounces, the Kyocera Kona is a solid performer for those who crave simplicity and affordability.
- Lithium-ion Battery
- Standard Charger
already have this phone?
Quick Start Instructions
How to activate your Cricket phone over the air:
- Once your device is fully charged and powered on, simply follow these steps to activate your Kyocera Kona.
- Dial *228 on the keypad of your phone and press the "green phone" button.
- This will begin your phone's activation process. Be sure to listen for the activation confirmation.
- Once activated, you'll hear the message, "Your phone is now prgorammed, thank you for calling Cricket."
- Your Kyocera Kona will automatically restart and will be ready to use. Due to network availability, the process may take multiple tried to complete. If your initial acitvation does not go through please repeat steps 1 - 4.
- If you are unable to activate your Kyocera Kona you may try Manual Programming (see below).
Manual Programming Instructions
To manually activate your Cricket phone and service, follow these steps:
- Charge your battery overnight.
- Read these instructions and have a pen ready before you call to set up service.
- Once your battery is charged, call 1-800-CRICKET from a different phone to speak with a Cricket representative.
- A Cricket representative will give you:
- Your 10-digit Cricket Phone Number "MDN"
- Your 10-digit Cricket Mobile Identification Number "MIN"
- Your 1 to 5-digit Cricket Home ID "CDMA Home SID"
- Turn on your phone using the power button.
- On the keypad enter ##626* to access Susidy Code programming.
- You'll be prompted to enter the Subsidy Code, which you'll do by enter 333333 (3 six times) and pressing [Continue].
- Now from the service programming menu press 1 to access the "MDN".
- Enter your new 10-digit Cricket Phone Number "MDN" that you received from the Cricket representative, then press [OK] to return to the Service Options menu.
- From the menu press 2 to access the "MIN".
- Enter the 10-digit Cricket Mobile Identification Number "MIN" that you received from the Cricket representative, then press [OK] to return to the Service Options menu.
- From the menu press 3 to access the CDMA Home SID.
- Enter the 1 to 5-digit CDMA Home ID that you received from the Cricket representative, then press [OK] to return to the Service Options menu.
- Press the End button and your phone will automatically restart.
- Once manual programming is complete you are ready to make basic calls. Please try Over The Air Programming again to activate all features.
Please visit our page here to learn more about your phone's accessibility features.