Huawei Mercury Overview
The Huawei Mercury (M886) is the best Cricket Smartphone to date, and is the third Cricket smartphone from Huawei. The Mercury now comes with Muve Music, so you can download and listen to unlimited music from your phone! This high-end Android comes with a 4” FWVGA touch-screen, Wi-Fi capability, and 3G Real Web Browsing. The Mercury has lots of great smartphone features packed into an affordable package. The Mercury is a fully featured Android smartphone featuring the Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and also includes great features like an 8MP rear camera/camcorder, VGA front facing camera, HD gaming and more! This smartphone also gives customers access to over 300,000 cool apps on the Android market as well as great Google apps like YouTube, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Search and more.
- Travel charger/USB cable
- Standard lithium-ion battery
- Muve Music microSD card
already have this phone?
Muve Music 101 Instructional Videos
Quick Start Instructions
Charge your battery overnight. Once your device is fully charged and powered on, simply follow these steps to activate your Huawei Mercury M886:
- Touch the Android icon to begin the activation process for your phone.
- Next, you will be taken to an activation screen. Tap on "Activate".
- This will begin the activation process. Be sure to listen closely for the Activation Confirmation.
- Once successfully activated, you'll hear the message, "Your phone is now programmed, thank you for calling Cricket."
- If you are unable to activate your phone, you may try manual programming (see below).
Setting up your Google Account
- After your phone has been successfully activated, it will automatically restart.
- Once you see the Android icon appear, tap it to continue.
- Now simply follow the prompt screens to set up your Google account.
Manually Programming your Cricket phone
- Charge your battery overnight.
- Read these instructions and have a pen ready before you call to set up service.
- Once your battery is charged, call 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538) from a different phone to speak with a Cricket representative.
- A Cricket representative will give you:
- Your 10-digit Cricket Phone Number
- Your 10-digit Cricket MIN (Mobile Identification Number)
- Your 1 to 5 digit Cricket System ID Number.
- After you have all your information handy, move on to Step 6.
- Turn on your phone using the power button.
- Enter ##626* (##NAM*) to access Number Assignment Module (NAM) Programming.
- You will be prompted to enter NAM Option Code, which you'll do by entering 333333 (3 six times) and pressing [OK].
- From the Menu select IMSI Number.
- Enter your new 10 digit Cricket Mobile Identification Number (MIN) that you received from the Cricket representative and hit [OK].
- From the Menu select Mobile Directory Number
- Enter your new 10-digit Cricket phone number that you received from the Cricket representative and hit [OK].
- From the Menu select CDMA Home SID.
- Enter the 1 to 5-digit CDMA System ID that you received from the Cricket representative and hit [OK].
- You will be returned to the Program Settings Screen.
- Now press the [Done] button and your phone will automatically restart.