Huawei Ascend Q Overview
Featuring both a 3.2" capacitive touch screen and a full QWERTY keyboard, the dual-technology of the Huawei Ascend Q (M5660) is a unique way to power your connections. With the Huawei Ascend Q, staying connected is easy. What’s hard is deciding which kind of messaging to use. There’s text, picture, and video messaging, or simply update your status across your favorite social networks like Facebook or Twitter. Upload content, like photos and videos created with the 3.2MP fixed-focus camera/camcorder to YouTube, Flickr, and even Photobucket. The Ascend Q also includes great features like wifi capability, and CMAS, Wireless Emergency Alerts capability. It’s never been easier to share your unique perspective with the Huawei Ascend Q.
- 1500 mAh battery
- 4GB microSD card (3GB for Muve Music)
- Travel charger/USB cable
already have this phone?
Muve Music 101 Instructional Videos
Quick Start Instructions
Chare your battery overnight. Once your device is fully charged and powered on, simply follow these steps to activate your Huawei Ascend Q:
- Touch the Android icon to begin the activation process for your phone.
- Next, you will be taken to an activation screen. Tap on "Activate".
- This will begin the activation process. Be sure to listen closely for the Activation Confirmation.
- Once successfully activated, you'll hear the message, "Your phone is now programmed, thank you for calling Cricket."
- If you are unable to activate your phone, you may try manual programming (see below).
Setting up your Google Account
- After your phone has been successfully activated, it will automatically restart.
- Once you see the Android icon appear, tap it to continue.
- Now simply follow the prompt screens to set up your Google account.
Manually Programming your Cricket phone
- Charge your battery overnight.
- Read these instructions and have a pen ready before you call to set up service.
- Once your battery is charged, call 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538) from a different phone to speak with a Cricket representative.
- A Cricket representative will give you:
- Your 10-digit Cricket Phone Number
- Your 10-digit Cricket MIN (Mobile Identification Number)
- Your 1 to 5 digit Cricket System ID Number.
- After you have all your information handy, move on to Step 6.
- Turn on your phone using the power button.
- Enter ##626* (##NAM*) to access Number Assignment Module (NAM) Programming.
- You will be prompted to enter NAM Option Code, which you'll do by entering 333333 (3 six times) and pressing [OK].
- From the Menu select IMSI Number.
- Enter your new 10 digit Cricket Mobile Identification Number (MIN) that you received from the Cricket representative and hit [OK].
- From the Menu select Mobile Directory Number
- Enter your new 10-digit Cricket phone number that you received from the Cricket representative and hit [OK].
- From the Menu select CDMA Home SID.
- Enter the 1 to 5-digit CDMA System ID that you received from the Cricket representative and hit [OK].
- You will be returned to the Program Settings Screen.
- Now press the [Done] button and your phone will automatically restart.