The Huawei Ascend is Cricket's newest Android smartphone. With a 3.5” HVGA touch-screen, wifi capability, 3G Real Web Browsing, the Ascend packs plenty of features into an affordable package. The Huawei Ascend includes great features like a 3.2MP camera/camcorder, MP3 player/microSD slot, virtual QWERTY keyboard, and more! The Ascend is a fully featured Android smartphone featuring the Android 2.1 Operating System. With Android Marketplace get access to tens of thousands of cool apps as well as great Google apps like YouTube, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Search and more.
- Travel Charger/USB Cable
- Standard lithium ion battery
- 2GB microSD card
- Wired stereo headset
already have this phone?
Quick Start Instructions
To start your Cricket service, just follow these easy instructions:
- Charge your battery overnight.
- Read these instructions and have a pen ready before you call to set up service.
- If you have signed up for Cricket service, a valid Social Security or Driver's License Number will be required to activate your phone. Please have this information ready when you call to activate your Cricket phone.
- Once your battery is charged, call 1-800-CRICKET from a different phone.
- A Cricket representative will give you:
- Your new Cricket MDN (Mobile Directory Number). This is your 10 digit phone number.
- Your new 10 digit Cricket MIN (Mobile Identification Number)
- Your 1 to 5 digit Cricket CDMA System ID Number.
- Please write these numbers down for future reference.
Program your Cricket phone number into your Cricket phone using the instructions below.
Programming your Cricket phone
- Turn on your phone using the red power/end button
- Dial *228 and press the send key
- This will start the activation process, follow the voice prompts
- If your phone fails to program over the air, please refer to the keypad programming instructions below
Manual Programming Instructions:
- Turn on your phone using the power button. While in the programming mode the [DONE] key is used to save, the[BACK] key to exit without saving.
- Enter ##626* (##NAM*) for NAM Programming
- You will be prompted to ENTER SUBSIDY CODE
- Enter 333333 (3 six times) and press [OK].
- Select MDN (Mobile Directory Number/10 Digit Phone Number)
- Enter your new 10 digit Cricket MDN and press [OK]
- Select MIN (Mobile Identification Number)
- Enter your new 10 digit Cricket MIN and press [OK]
- Select CDMA Home SID.
- Enter the 1 to 5 digit CDMA System ID.
- Press the [DONE] button. Your phone will reset.