BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530
The BlackBerry Curve 8530 is a smartphone that also doubles as a messaging machine. With the world-famous BlackBerry email service and the ergonomic QWERTY keyboard customers can email, text message, and IM all day long. Cricket’s first BlackBerry smartphone also includes great features like 3G Real Web Browsing, a 2MP camera/camcorder, MP3 player/microSD slot, wifi capability, and more! The Curve 8530 is a full-featured BlackBerry with access to thousands of cool apps in BlackBerry App World and IM/Chat capability with BlackBerry Messenger.
- Travel Charger
- Standard lithium ion battery
- 2GB microSD card
- USB cable
already have this phone?
Quick Start Instructions
To start your Cricket service, just follow these easy instructions:
- Charge your battery overnight.
- Read these instructions and have a pen ready before you call to set up service.
- If you have signed up for Cricket service, a valid Social Security or Driver's License Number will be required to activate your phone. Please have this information ready when you call to activate your Cricket phone.
- Once your battery is charged, call 1-800-CRICKET from a different phone.
- A Cricket representative will give you:
- Your new Cricket MDN (Mobile Directory Number). This is your 10 digit phone number.
- Your new 10 digit Cricket MIN (Mobile Identification Number)
- Your 1 to 5 digit Cricket CDMA System ID Number.
- Please write these numbers down for future reference.
- Program your Cricket phone number into your Cricket phone using the instructions below.
Programming your Cricket phone
- To enter the programming mode, key in the symbols ## followed by 000000
- Press the track pad or enter.
- The "CDMA Service Program Edit Screen" appears.
- In the "Mobile Directory #" enter your 10 digit mobile numbers (MDN).
- Check the "IMSI_S" field. If it does not contain the MIN, enter your number here (MIN).
- Press the tack pad to view the menuin the top right corner.
- Select "Save." "Write Successful. Resetting device" will be displayed and your phone will initialize.
- Check at the top of the phone where it shows "My Number" make sure your number is correct.