Connecting, whether it’s text, pix, email or mobile web, just got easier. The Cricket MSGM8 puts all of this functionality at your fingertips with a QWERTY keypad for easy entry, dedicated keys for messaging and scheduler, and one touch Web access via MyHomeScreen. The MSGM8 also has a 1.3MP camera, Bluetooth, voice recognition for hands free dialing, large 220 x 176 color display, and a jog dial on the left side for scrolling/volume control. Let the MSGM8 be your communication tool.
- 920 mAh lithium Battery
- AC charger
already have this phone?
Quick Start Instructions
To start your Cricket service, just follow these easy instructions:
- Charge your battery overnight.
- Read these instructions and have a pen ready before you call to set up service.
- If you have signed up for Cricket service, a valid Social Security or Driver's License Number will be required to activate your phone. Please have this information ready when you call to activate your Cricket phone.
- Once your battery is charged, call 1-800-CRICKET from a different phone.
- A Cricket representative will give you:
- Your new Cricket MDN (Mobile Directory Number). This is your 10 digit phone number.
- Your new 10 digit Cricket MIN (Mobile Identification Number)
- Your 1 to 5 digit Cricket CDMA System ID Number.
- Please write these numbers down for future reference.
Program your Cricket phone number into your Cricket phone using the instructions below.
Programming your Cricket phone
- Turn on your phone using the red power/end button
- Dial *228 and press the send key
- This will start the activation process, follow the voice prompts
- If your phone fails to program over the air, please refer to the keypad programming instructions below
- Turn on your phone using the red power/end button. While in the programming mode the [OK] key is used to save, the left soft key to [Exit] without saving and the right soft key [Back] to return to the previous step.
- Enter ##626* (##NAM*) for NAM Programming
- You will be prompted to ENTER SUBSIDY CODE
- Enter 333333 (3 six times)
- Press the [OK] button to select the MIN (Mobile Identification Number)
- Enter your new 10 digit Cricket MIN and press [OK]
- Press Navigation (arrow) down once to access the MDN (Mobile Directory Number/10 Digit Phone Number) and press [OK]
- Enter your new 10 digit Cricket MDN and press [OK]
- Press Navigation (arrow) down once to access the IMSI (do not change from IMSI_11_12=00)
- Press the Navigation (arrow) down key twice to access the CDMA System ID and press [OK]
- Enter the 1 to 5 digit CDMA System ID and press [OK]
- Press the red power/end button to exit.
Your phone will reset.