Cricket Crosswave WiFi Hotspot
The Cricket CROSSWAVE is a dual mode DO/WiFi device that creates an instant mobile hotspot. Get internet access on the go and support multiple WiFi devices. The Crosswave's removable memory slot supports up to 32GB. Plus, you can send and receive text messages, and use it in all Cricket Broadband coverage areas. The USB extension cable offers additional flexibility to use the device by connecting it to a USB location in your PC. The Cricket CROSSWAVE lets you instantly connect any of your WiFi devices with a touch of a button.
- USB extension cable
- Wall charger
already have this datacard?
Downloads and Resources:
- Download the preloaded software for your PC or Mac computer.
- If you wish to use parental controls or filter certain content you’ll need to purchase software that accomplishes the monitoring service. If you wish to filter or restrict such content, go to: www.netnanny.com or http://home.mcafee.com.
Supported operating systems:
- Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- Mac OS X (10.4.11 to 10.6.3 (32 & 64 bit)
To install the modem and the software, these minimum system resources are required:
- Port: Type A USB port 2.0
- Intenet Explorer 6.0,7.0, or 8.0
- Firefox 3.0 and above
- Safari 3.0 and above
- Chrome 2.0 and above
- Memory: 128 MB
- Free disk space: 32 MB
Windows Setup Instructions
- To install on your hard drive, connect your device to your PC. The installation process will start automatically.
Select the language for the installation from the choices below – “English”and “Spanish” and click “Next.”
- In the “Cricket Broadband Connect – License Agreement” screen, you will see the program user license Agreement. In order to install and use this product, you must
agree with the terms of this agreement. Select “I agree” then click the “Next” button to continue. If you do not agree with this agreement, click the “Cancel” button to exit.
- After agreeing to the License Agreement, you will see the “Cricket Broadband Connect - Setup Type” screen. You can select from the two setup type – Express install or
Custom Install. It is recommended that you choose Express Install. Click the “Next” button to continue.
- During this step, the components of Cricket Broadband Connect are being installed onto your computer.
- “The Install shield Wizard has successfully installed Cricket Broadband Connect“ appears on the screen. Click the “Finish” button.
- The setup program will create an Access shortcut and the Cricket Broadband Connect will launch automatically. Now the installation is complete.
Mac OS X Setup Instructions
- Click the Cricket Broadband Connect setup program. When the pop-up screen appears to confirm installing the software, click the “Continue” button to continue with the installation process.
- The “Welcome” screen appears. Click the “Continue” button.
- Read the “Read Me” screen and continue installing the software. You may “Print” or “Save” the “Read Me” file for future reference.
- After the “Read Me” screen, you will see the Cricket Broadband Connect License Agreement. Carefully read the license agreement and press “Continue” to install the Cricket Broadband Connect setup program. In order to install and use this product you must agree with the terms of this agreement. Select the “Agree” button to continue. If you do not agree with this agreement, click the “Disagree” button to exit.
- You are now ready to select the location on your computer where Cricket Broadband Connect should be installed.
- During this step the components of Cricket Broadband Connect are being installed onto your computer. Installation will occur to the destination folder specified in Step 5 above. Installing the software requires you to restart your computer when the installation is complete. Please check that no other programs are running, then press “Continue
- While your computer is running the installer script, do not turn your computer off. If you want to create an Access shortcut on your desktop, press “Yes”.
- Installation is now complete. Click the “Restart” button to leave the Cricket Broadband Connect setup program and restart your computer.
- Please note that Text Messaging is currently unavailable on Mac; this functionality is coming soon!
- After complete the installation, Quick Start Guide will be installed to your PC. Adobe Acrobat reader required to view this file.