How to Upgrade your ZIO to Android 2.2
Establish a WiFi Connection
Home > Menu > Settings > Wireless networks
(Recommended) Set your Screen Timeout to Never Timeout
Home > Menu > Settings > Sound & Display > Screen Timeout > Select "Never timeout"
Check for Update
Home > Settings > About Phone > System Update > Select 'Check for update'
Download New Firmware Package
Click "OK" to start download. The download will happen in three stages and will take 30-60 minutes to complete.
Android 2.2 OS Improvements & Benefits
- Performance Improvements
Faster transition through the device user interface and faster interaction with applications.
- 5 New Home Screens
More home screens to further customize device short cuts and quick access to key apps.
- Camera & Camcorder Feature Buttons
Added to the short cut screen - upload images and content to social networking sights even faster now!
- Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® Support
Provides the user total access to their daily calendar, all saved contacts and the ability to multitask via e-mail; this is the true smartphone experience!
- Auto Update for your Apps
As new apps are downloaded, the user can choose auto update or manual update.
- Device should be fully charged.
- Need to be in (WiFi) coverage area for entire length of download. If you run into any problems starting the download (for example if you receive a "no update available" message) please try to initiate the process again in 30 minutes. If the download is interrupted (WiFi is lost) the user can manually restart the download / installation, otherwise the device will automatically retry in 2 weeks.
- The download will happen in 3 stages. The device may powercycle after each download. The icons will change only after the 3rd download is complete.
- The download happens in the background. During this time use the device as usual - calls, messages, web access, app downloads will all be accessible.
- Customers have the option of taking their device to a store if they prefer.
- Run into issues or have more questions?
View FAQs | Download PDF Instructions