Premium Text Messaging
Premium Text Messaging allows you to participate in third party text messaging programs that charge a fee. These programs include activities such as voting, polling, games, contests, coupons, mobile payments, mobile content and a variety of other exciting interactive applications. Some of these campaigns require payment to participate. Most are ‘standard rate’ and can be used with just text messaging service.
Vote: Text “Denver” as the best place to live.
More Info: HELP
This depends. Cricket allows refunds if your original purchase is less than 2 weeks ago and you have not received multiple refunds over a period time. Content providers of your purchase may have different refund policies. You can request a refund several ways:
1. You can contact the 3rd party content provider's consumer help information that was sent via text message to your Cricket phone.
2. You can use online self-care by logging into My Account and selecting the "Text Messaging Purchases" link. Once you get to your Summary Page, locate your transaction and select the "Request Refund" button. If your request is within your allowance, your request will be granted and the purchase amount will be credited to your Flex Bucket account immediately. If you have exceeded your refund allotment you will receive the following message: "We're sorry! Your refund request exceeds your allotted refund limits or does not qualify. If you wish to continue this request, please call your content provider. See the text message you received from them when making this purchase."
3. You can contact Cricket Customer Care by calling 1-800-CRICKET. If your request is within your allowance, your request will be granted and the purchase amount will be credited to your Flex Bucket funds immediately. If you have attempted to receive a refund on mycricket.com and were denied, you will not be able receive a refund by calling 1-800-CRICKET. If this is your situation all refunds must be taken up with the 3rd party content provider that you purchased the content from originally.
Yes, if you have a mycricket.com username and password.
1. Log in to My Account
2. Once you are logged in, select Text Message Purchases
3. You will see your Summary Page and be able to view your transactions.
If you do not have a mycricket.com username and password, click here to sign up. If you have never made a text message purchase, you will not have access to the text message purchases section on your My Account.
- Ensure you have the text messaging feature and funds in your Flex Bucket.
- When you see a campaign you want to participate in or a piece of mobile content you want to purchase, send a text message to the short code noted in the advertisement.
- You will be sent a text message asking you to accept the charge, terms and conditions. If you accept by texting ‘yes’ or ‘accept’ your purchase will be granted provided you have sufficient funds in your Flex Bucket.
- After your transaction is completed, you will receive a confirmation text message thanking you for your participation or purchase.
Cricket consistently evaluates programs to determine whether to participate. Check back regularly as we are adding campaigns often.
- You can usually text the word ‘Stop’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ to the code you purchased from which will generate a help text message back to your Cricket phone.
- You can contact the 3rd party content provider’s consumer help information that was sent via text message to your Cricket phone.
- You can log into My Account, and the select Text Message Purchases. Once you get to your Summary Page, locate your subscription and select ‘Cancel Subscription’.
- You can contact Cricket Customer Care by calling 1-800-CRICKET.
You have several choices for getting assistance for text message purchases you have made by using premium text messaging or from 3rd party websites:
1. You can usually text the word "Help" to the code you purchased the content from. This will generate a help text message back to your Cricket phone.
2. You can contact the 3rd party content provider's consumer help information that was sent via text message to your Cricket phone.
3. You can log into My Account and select the Text Messaging Purchases link.
4. Contact Cricket Customer Care by calling 1-800-CRICKET.
Mobile campaigns and mobile content are open to subscribers of most wireless service providers, unless the advertisement states it is sponsored by and only available to subscribers of a specific wireless service provider.
If you send a text message to the advertised short code AND Cricket supports that particular campaign with its associated content provider, you will receive a text message asking you to accept the charge, terms and conditions.
If you send a text message to the advertised short code AND Cricket does not support that campaign with its associated content provider, you will receive the following text message: “Cricket does not participate in this program at this time”. Cricket consistently evaluates programs to determine whether to participate. Please check back regularly as we are adding campaigns often.
Premium text message purchases allow you to purchase mobile content using short codes for your Cricket phone such as: ringtones, images or wallpapers, games, interactive TV voting, premium chat/date applications, premium text message alerts and other premium mobile applications.
You discover this type of content by the advertising of media companies, consumer brands, billboards, third-party content provider websites and word-of-mouth. Popular examples of text message purchases are:
- Sending a text message via a short code to cast your vote on your favorite television show with your wireless phone.
- Visiting a 3rd party website that sells ringtones and wallpapers, selecting an item, and choosing the “Send To My Phone” option.
When you see an advertisement you are interested in, submit a purchase request by sending a text message (usually a keyword) to a short code OR select the “Send to my Phone” option on a website after you have selected the desired content you wish to purchase. A short code is a number to which an SMS or text message can be sent. A short code is fewer digits than a 10-digit telephone number. For example, a short code could be 54321.
Once you text your purchase request, you will receive a text message back with an advice-of-charge; terms and conditions; and consumer help information for the item you wish to purchase from the 3rd party content provider or merchant.
After you accept these terms and conditions, your Flex Bucket funds are charged for the transaction and the content or mobile application is downloaded to your handset for personal use.
Some campaigns are referred to as “standard rate” which means there is no extra charge, as long as text messaging is included in your service plan OR you are paying a monthly fee for the text messaging feature.
Many campaigns are “premium” and have a wide range of price points, such as $0.99, $1.99, $2.99, $4.99 and $9.99. Some purchases are charged as a one-time transaction and others are daily, weekly or monthly subscriptions requiring recurring payments. The cost of the campaign or mobile content is noted when the short code is advertised and when you receive your advice-of-charge, terms and conditions text message on your Cricket phone. If you receive an error message noting that the message was not accepted, you will not be charged for transaction.
Cricket consistently evaluates programs to determine whether to participate. Check back frequently as we are adding campaigns often.