Credit Card Fraud/ID Theft
Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personally identifying information, like your name, Social Security number, or credit card number, without your permission, to commit fraud or other crimes.
1. Contact Cricket’s Fraud Department at 858-882-9630
2. Indicate in the message that you did not authorize the account
3. Provide your contact information including a day time phone number where the Fraud Representative can return your call. Please note that Cricket’s Fraud Department has a turnaround time of 24 – 48 hrs Monday – Friday (excluding Holidays).
4. Contact your local law enforcement to file a police report
5. Fill out the ID Affidavit form
6. Fax both the police report and ID Affidavit form to the Fraud department at (858) 882-6119 or mail to:
Cricket Communications Inc.
Attn: Fraud Department
5887 Copley Drive
San Diego, CA 92111
NOTE: Additional information and help can be found at the Federal Trade Commission’s Identity Theft Website.
Immediately notify your financial institution of the unauthorized charges.
Please dispute any unauthorized charges with your financial institution as Cricket cannot issue any refunds/credits for unauthorized charges.
To retrieve information regarding the person(s) who used your information without authorization or where the charges originated, please file a police report with your local law enforcement as they will need to provide a court authorized subpoena to retrieve this information. Cricket will be unable to provide any information without this required documentation.