What kind of new features can I anticipate in the new Cricket Zio 2.2 OS?
With the new 2.2 Android OS for your Zio, you’ll see the following benefits.
- Performance Improvements: The new 2.2 OS has improved management of device memory, enabling faster transition through the device user interface and faster interaction with applications.
- 5 Home Screens: Additional home screens allow you to further customize device short cuts and quick access to key apps.
- Live Wallpaper Support: Allows you to customize your home screen with animated wallpapers (because live wallpapers will drain your battery faster, this feature defaults to off, but it you can enable it).
- Camera & Camcorder Feature Buttons: Added to the short cut screen to allow for quicker access. These are two frequently used features many consumers wanted quick access to. Now you can upload images and content to social networking sights even faster now!
- Gallery Zoom Gesture Support: Peek into stacks of pictures and zoom in and out with greater ease.
- Multiple keyboard languages: You can switch between different languages by swiping across the space bar. This will then change the keys, as well as the auto-update dictionary.
- MS Exchange supported (email, calendar, and contacts): Provides the user total access to their daily calendar, all saved contacts and the ability to multitask via e-mail; this is the true Smartphone experience! Refer to the Zio User Guide for instructions.
- Application Auto Update: As new apps are downloaded, the user can choose auto update or manual update –the user controls how updates to their device are handled.