What are the requirements for the upgrade?
- Desktop/Laptop Computer Running Either Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, or XP.
There is no support for Apple computers at this time.
- All firewall & anti-virus programs should be disabled.
- Administrative privileges required to download & install software, including drivers.
- An Available USB Port On The PC That Supports 2.0 USB.
- Windows Media Runtime 11 (automatically installed by Kies Mini if not present).
- Direct connection of the USB cable to the computer's USB port is strongly advised.
The use of a USB hub or docking station is not recommended.
- Your PC must be connected to a live internet connection to upgrade your device using Kies Mini.
- We highly recommend that you uninstall all Samsung software or drivers from your PC before beginning the Kies mini installation.
- Fully charged battery
- USB Data Cable (included in Retail Box) Note: This is the same cable used to charge your device.
- During the upgrade, all functions will be unavailable, including emergency call.