Kies Mini does not detect the phone, what should I do?
Depending on the amount of data stored on the memory, this could impair Kies Mini ability to detect device if phone is set to Samsung Kies mode.
It may be necessary to remove the microSD card if one is inserted.
- Disconnect the Indulge from the computer.
- Power-off the Indulge, remove the SD card, then power-on the Indulge.
- Attempt to connect to Kies Mini without the SD card inserted.
Should problems persist, the internal memory may need to be purged.
- Backup up all desired data (using instructions provided above).
- Go to Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and after reboot, attempt to connect to Kies Mini.
The Media Scan process could produce a loop if connected while in progress. If this occurs:
- Disconnect and power cycle the Indulge.
- After the Indulge fully boots and the media scan process is finished, connect to Kies Mini again.
When the Indulge goes into download mode instructed by Kies Mini, additional drivers need to be installed. A timeout may occur from the time the drivers install until Kies Mini can detect. Should this occur:
- Close Kies Mini and remove the cable.
- Remove the battery cover and battery, re-insert the battery, place the cover back on, and power-on the Indulge.
- When the Indulge reboots, connect the data cable and open Kies Mini.