How do I upgrade the Indulge?
Note: Your PC must be connected to a live internet connection to upgrade your device using Kies Mini.
- Open Kies Mini and use the USB cable to connect the mobile device to your PC.
Note: An automatic update (to Kies Mini) may occur when Kies Mini is launched.
- Click on Phone Upgrade.
- Read over the Caution statements. Check I have read and understood the preceding information and then click the Upgrade button.
- Kies Mini will contact the server and download the new firmware. Downloading time varies on network conditions. It may take several minutes.
- Kies Mini will start updating the firmware on the device.
Warning! Do not disconnect your mobile device from your PC or power the PC off. If interrupted your device could become inoperable.
Note: Please wait until your mobile device reboots completely and the Android idle screen is displayed (shown Below)
on your Samsung Indulge (SCH-R915) before removing the USB cable.
- Click the Ok button to finish.
- USB Debugging should be disabled on your device. To do this, press the Menu button > Settings > Applications > Development > and touch on USB debugging to remove the check mark.
- At this time you can transfer the content you backed up earlier to your upgraded device. See FAQs for instruction.