How can I enable or disable USB tethering?
Instructions may vary by device. Some plans already include Mobile Hotspot (Cricket Tethering); others may have it available as a $10/month add on. Please see mycricket.com and log into your account to see if it is already active on your account. Your Android device running Android version 2.2 or later and the Blackberry Curve 9350 are capable of tethering.
To set up Mobile Hotspot (Cricket Tethering) on your Android device please follow the instructions below
- Connect your device to your computer using the microUSB charging/data cable that came with your device
- It may take a few minutes for your computer to recognize the device. During this time device drivers may be installed.
- On your Android device go to the Menu
- Select Settings
- Select Wireless & networks
- Select Tethering & portable hotspot
- Make sure “USB tethering” is checked
- If set up properly, the notification bar will pop up and inform you mobile hotspot (Cricket Tethering) is active
- While Mobile Hotspot (Cricket Tethering) is active, you will not have access to the SD card on your device
To set up tethering on your Blackberry® Curve 9350 please follow the instructions below
- USB tethering can only be done using your Blackberry Desktop Software
- For more information on how to use your Blackberry Desktop Software, please visit www.blackberry.com.