Muve Music now has more than 1.1 million subscribers – and we need your help keeping them in the loop. We’re putting a call out to find three passionate music fans who can work with Cricket in 2013 as Muve Music Social Correspondents. One will cover pop/rock/indie music, one will be our hip-hop and R&B expert, and one will report on Latin music.
If selected, you’ll represent Cricket and Muve Music, perks of which will include receiving a Muve Music phone, interviewing artists, attending concerts and going to SXSW Music!
Entering the contest is easy. Here's how:
Full Contest Rules:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Promotion may only be entered in or from the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Promotion is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States.
How to Enter. During Promotion Period 1 (defined below), fill out the Muve Correspondent entry form on one of three blogs. Entries should stay true to the brand ethos from Muve Music and the blogger partners, while articulating your passion for the particular music genre, new artists and live music. You will receive one (1) entry in the contest. All entrants must have a valid email address. Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below. Submissions will be accepted for three (3) weeks during Promotion Period 1 (defined below). Entrants must include on the online entry form their email address, first and last name and answers to all questions.
During Promotion Period 2 (defined below), the correspondents selected in Promotion Period 1 will compete for fans votes on the Muve Music Correspondent Facebook tab. Correspondents will have to review an album, draft a playlists and interview a local artist. They’ll compete for fan votes.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Facebook account: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the account; and (b) the information is entrant’s own and will not infringe on any rights of any third parties. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entries that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language.
You must be an active holder of a Facebook account to be eligible to enter this Promotion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Facebook account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, identities, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Facebook account, the authorized account holder of the Facebook account will be deemed to be the entrant.
The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a Facebook account by Facebook. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address throughout Promotion Period 1. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned, and may be used in social media marketing materials. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
2. Start/End Dates. There are two separate promotion periods for this contest:
Promotion Period 1: Submissions are accepted on three blogs to enter the Muve Music Correspondent challenge. Promotion Period 1 begins at 9:00:00 am CST on January 28, 2013 and ends at 4:59:59 pm CDT on February 12, 2013 (“Promotion Period”).
Promotion Period 2: The three correspondents chosen from each blog (9 total correspondents) compete for fan votes on the Cricket Wireless Facebook tab for the contest. Promotion Period 2 begins at 9:00:00 am CST on February 18, 2013 and ends at 4:59:59 pm CDT on March 1, 2013 (“Promotion Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Cricket Communications (“Sponsor”), and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Judging Criteria. On or about February 12, 2013, all eligible Submissions received during Promotion Period 1 will be judged by a panel of judges that have the required knowledge and experience to apply the judging criteria. All Submissions will be judged based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria: (i) Creativity and (ii) Staying True to the Cricket and blog partner brand ethos – which includes showcasing a love of music, finding new artists and going to see live music. The eligible Submissions with the highest score based on the judging criteria will be selected to participate in second round of contest during Promotion Period 2.
5. Voting. During the Promotion Period 2, all eligible Muve Music Correspondents will be voted on by the public to determine three (3) Muve Music Correspondents (each blog pool of three Muve Music correspondents will have one winner, for a total of three Muve Music Correspondents). All eligible Muve Music Correspondents will be posted on the Facebook tab to be voted on by the public. The three correspondents from each blog pool with the highest number of public voting votes at the end of Promotion Period 2 will be deemed the 2013 Muve Music Correspondents (subject to confirmation). Voters will be required to “like” Sponsor’s page on Facebook in order to vote for a Submission.
Voters can vote for a Submission based on the following public voting criteria: (i) Creativity and (ii) Staying True to the Cricket brand ethos – which includes showcasing a love of music, finding new artists and going to see live music. Limit one (1) vote for per person/Facebook account per day of Promotion Period 2. Multiple voters are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any voter to submit more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other method will void that voter’s vote. The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify any and all such votes and to disqualify from voting the responsible individual. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including offering prizes or other inducements to members of public, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify any and all such votes and to disqualify from Contest the responsible entrant.
6. Prize. Three (3) winners will be selected by fan voting at the conclusion of Promotion Period 2. Each winner will receive a Muve Music phone and serve as a Muve Music correspondent on site during SXSW music.
ARV of each prize is $1600. Prize is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. All expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winner. Limit one (1) prize per person.
6. Notification. The potential winners will receive a direct message from Sponsor through the Facebook account used to enter the Promotion on or about one day after their entry has been selected. The potential winner will be required to respond to the direct message and provide contact details within five (5) days of receipt. If the potential winner does not respond to the direct message or provide contact details within the required time frame prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next runner-up. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
The potential winner will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) calendar days of prize notification. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Liability/Publicity must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to complete and respond to the direct message within the required time period, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Promotion rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another eligible, randomly selected entrant. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNER AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN PROMOTION, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by the winner regarding the Promotion or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Promotion in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Promotion cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
8. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or web site.
Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Name of Winner. To obtain name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by March 8, 2013 to:
200 East Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601
11. Sponsor. Cricket Wireless, 6380 S. Fiddlers Green Circle, 6th Floor, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.
Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc. The Android Robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google for use according to terms described in the Creative Common 3.0 Attribution License.