Whether you’re using apps, surfing the web or staying connected on social media, we all use mobile data. But do you know how mobile data speeds work and how to make the most out of your data? Check out Cricket’s new mobile data infographic...
Posted 2/22/2011 at 10:54 AM | Source Cricket Wireless
Card companies with prepaid options for consumers are becoming more industrious about their fraud protection, due to the aggressive attacks of identity thieves and hackers. An idea has been borne which would allow prepaid card holders to limit access to the prepaid account to their mobile phone, so that theft would become a much more difficult task. It would be akin to a prepaid card “app” that could be as rigorously protected on the phone as the owner would like.
1. Only 5% of the power drawn by a cell phone charger is used to charge the phone. The other 95% is wasted when it is left plugged into the wall. You can save on energy costs by unplugging your charger when it’s not in use (U.S. Dept. of Energy)
Everyone knows that Cricket Smartphones, like the Blackberry Curve 8530, Huawei Ascend or Sanyo Zio by Kyocera (both powered by Android), allow you to access thousands of apps which can be incredibly helpful at getting the information and fun stuff you want, with the touch of a few keys on your phone!
Posted 2/7/2011 at 2:58 PM | Source Cricket Wireless
Ever wonder why some touch screen phones cost more than others? Or why you can't seem to get the touch screen on your smartphone to work if you're wearing a glove? Most people don't know that there are three different types of touch screen technologies available: resistive, capacitive, and infrared. Learn about the different benefits and capabilities to make sure you get the touch screen phone you're looking for.
Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc. The Android Robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google for use according to terms described in the Creative Common 3.0 Attribution License.
Get sales and other offers in your area, and insider updates on
phones, games, music, and more.